SSL Certificates can very pricey. Let’s Encrypt its free, automated and its Open Source. Let’s Encrypt is the first free SSL Certificates provider in the world. Canadian web Hosting has review the SSL Certificate through different vendors that offer Let’s Encrypt installed for you on their server’s ready.
Why choose Let’s Encrypt
Let’s Encrypt is free SSL Certificates. Even though Let’s Encrypt is free because is nonprofit organization it wouldn’t be a crime do donate for the amazing services. The goal is to provide free SSL certificate to World for free. Get your website secured free of charge.
Support on Let’s Encrypt
Let’s Encrypt is run by a small team and relies on automation to keep costs down. Most people rely on Forums and Documentation from the website
Let’s Encrypt Features
- Compatible with most browsers (Chrome, Fire Fox and Many more).
- Let’s Encrypt Verify their SSL Certificates via Domains, so you can use them for any server that uses a domain name, like web servers, mail servers, FTP servers.
- The private key is always generated and managed on your own servers.
- The Certificates are Valid for 90 Days. (automatically renewal is set for certificates every 60 days)
- You will receive a certificate that can contain several different names using the Subject Alternative Name (SAN) mechanism.
- You can use private key or Certificate Signing Request (CSR).
Let’s Encrypt Disadvantages
- Their no plans to issue OV or EV certificates.
Main Principles Behind Let’s Encrypt
- Free: Let’s Encrypt to obtain a trusted certificate at zero cost.
- Automatic: Automatically take care of renewal.
- Secure: Let’s Encrypt will serve as a platform for advancing TLS security best practices, both on the CA side and by helping site operators properly secure their servers.
- Transparent: All certificates issued or revoked will be publicly recorded and available for anyone to inspect.
- Open: The automatic issuance and renewal protocol will be published as an open standard that others can adopt.
- Cooperative: Let’s Encrypt is a joint effort to benefit the community, beyond the control of any one organization.
Increase customer confidence
Get your customers in a secure environment to do their shopping in a safe environment. An SSL Cert is the first thing that you go for. Get Let’s Encrypt is completely free.